|—||Lemony Snicket (via coello)|
Marian’s Mini Crescent Rolls (Kifli)
After a trip to Hungary, my dad was raving about these mini filled crescent rolls (kifli). They are super quick to make and can be filled with ham, cheese, bacon, jam or anything else your heart desires!
700 g flour
½ liter milk
2 tsps yeast (dissolved in 4 tbsps of luke warm water)
3 tsps sugar
2 tsps salt
1-2 tbsps of softened butter
- Let the yeast rise for about 10-15 minutes in the warm water and a pinch of sugar (until foamy).
- Create a well in the flour and pour the rest of the ingredients in the well.
- Mix and kneed into a soft ball
- Separate into 6 smaller balls of dough, let rise for 20 mins
- After 20 minutes, stretch each ball to about 1/8th of an inch thickness and cut into 8 triangles
- Fill about 1-2tsps of filling of choice and roll into a crescent.
- Bake crescents at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until they look done (you can put an egg wash on them to make the tops shiny)
Thats it!! I filled mine with 3 different fillings:
- Ham and cheddar (my personal favourite!!)
- Sundried tomato and olive tapenade
- Quince jelly and Jarlsberg Cheese
Happy Kifli making!!!